After many years of prayer and planning, Louisville Rescue Mission is excited to announce the establishment of Southern Indiana Rescue Mission!
We believe God has made clear the need for a gospel mission in Southern Indiana and we're excited to open a new facility in Jeffersonville in the coming months. Southern Indiana Rescue Mission will focus exclusively on impacting the homeless and hurting just across the river.
Hear more from Executive Director Cory Bledsoe and Board President Vince Scarbrough:
Louisville Rescue Mission is one of the oldest rescue missions in the United States. Since 1881, we have worked to proclaim the gospel and break the cycle of intergenerational poverty that threatens our communities. We do this by helping clients address problematic and life-jeopardizing issues, attain greater independence, and achieve a higher standard of living.
In the coming months, we’ll replicate our ministry philosophy via Southern Indiana Rescue Mission – partnering with diverse community stakeholders to provide safe, effective, and sustainable care for the homeless and hurting. Our approach is highly tailored to fulfill the recommendations of Vision 2025: A Strategic Plan to End Homelessness in Clark and Floyd Counties, released just last year.
What will the ministry of Southern Indiana Rescue Mission look like on a day-to-day basis?
- A daytime community center providing accountability-based services for the homeless and hurting. Services will include computers for job training and preparation, hands-on workforce development, life skills classes, and a variety of other functions to address immediate needs and long-term, sustainable solutions.
- A team of experienced ministry professionals working with community partners to provide personalized case management and counseling for individuals and families in need.
- A second location of Thrift 'n' Thrive, the Mission’s new social enterprise, offering high-quality, low-cost clothing and accessories to the entire community.
- An active and thriving church plant (Redeemer Church Jeffersonville) gathering for worship each Sunday in the Mission’s sanctuary.
We encourage you to prayerfully consider how God might be inviting you to walk with us during this season:
- Pray | Join us in committing these plans to the Lord. We desire nothing but to serve “the least of these” in such a way that God’s glory is made known.
- Advocate | In the coming weeks, spend some time talking to your family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors about why you’ll support Southern Indiana Rescue Mission. Share your story and encourage others to consider how they can partner with us.
- Invest | We humbly ask you to invest your heart, your time, or your resources into the Mission. You can make a difference by praying for our clients, volunteering your time, or even making a tax-deductible gift.
We have faith that, by God’s grace and your generosity, many more lives will experience redemption through Southern Indiana Rescue Mission!