Louisville Rescue Mission is one of Louisville’s primary providers of emergency services for people experiencing homelessness.
Our emergency day shelter is available Monday through Friday to men and women 18 years or older experiencing homelessness. Services are offered from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m. (men and women) and 1 to 3 p.m. (women only).
Our Day Shelter Emergency Services include:
• Personal Hygiene – Restrooms, hot showers, and personal hygiene products are available to our guests, free of charge. Find out how you can donate personal hygiene supplies.
• Laundry Services – Guests are welcome to make an appointment to use our washers and dryers at either 7:15 a.m. or 9 a.m. All laundry must be picked up by 11:30 a.m. A waiting list option is available each day for walk-ins.
• Mail Services – We provide a secure, reliable mailing address: 733 East Jefferson Street, Louisville, KY 40202.
• Personal Storage – We offer Louisville’s only free facility for storage of personal belongings. Guests can safely leave their belongings with us as long as they're renewed every 30 days.
• Food – Volunteer groups serve lunch every Wednesday and occasionally on Fridays. Find out how your group can serve a meal.
• Clothing – We provide coats, gloves, and scarves to guests in the winter months as donations allow.
• Spiritual Encouragement – Our volunteers provide spiritual encouragement for those who are interested in a restored life through faith in Jesus.